What is Selenium?
Selenium is a free, open-source automated testing framework for online applications that works across a variety of browsers and systems. It’s comparable to HP QuickTest Pro in certain ways (QTP, currently UFT). Selenium, on the other hand, is focused on automating web-based applications.
Selenium testing is the term for testing done with the Selenium framework. Remember that Selenium can only be used to test web applications. It is not suitable for testing desktop or mobile applications. Here, in this blog, we will discuss manual testing use selenium testing. To learn more about what is selenium used for, join Selenium Training in Chennai at FITA Academy for the best training.
What is Manual Testing?
Manual testing is a type of software testing in which testers conduct all test cases by hand without using any automation tools. This type of testing aids in the detection of web application problems, glitches, and defects. It’s a tried-and-true method of detecting significant defects in software. All new applications must be tested numerous times before being used, which is why manual testing methods were used to test apps before automation testing. Selenium Online Course will enhance your testing skills in Selenium.
Let’s take a look at some of the challenges and drawbacks that experts faced when performing manual testing, which led to the development of automated testing technologies like Selenium.
Manual testing presents a slew of issues for professionals. The following are some of the significant difficulties they face:
- Complete Application Testing: Clients are accountable for knowing their requirements and documentation when they give them to a tester. In the event of any ambiguity, the tester should discuss it with the client. It can be difficult for testers to comprehend each requirement, examine them, and then create test cases for them. It will also be unable to conduct the tests successfully if the tester fails to create the test cases appropriately.
- Complete Test Coverage: Because there is always the possibility of an error, “100% testing” is not a possible expression in manual testing. Engineers and developers already have a difficult time covering the full application area during testing in order to uncover the most flaws and improve the programme. As a result, it’s impossible to complete a test that covers every aspect of the programme.
- Regression Test Case Coverage: As applications grow and extend, it becomes difficult for experts to keep up with regression testing, continue validating new updates, execute tests in old functionalities, keep track of current faults and track new ones.
- 100% Automation: There is a common misconception that 100% automation is achievable, yet this is not the case. There is no way for a tester or programmer to automate all of the test cases. Automating all feasible circumstances is a difficult task.
- Relationship with the Developer: Identifying flaws and errors and bringing them to the attention of developers so that they can be corrected is not easy. To communicate with each other and quickly fix faults in the programme, testers and developers must have a solid working relationship. Testers must be patient and have a thorough understanding of the situation. Troubleshooting abilities to justify why a certain fault needs to be corrected and what the consequences will be if it is not fixed correctly.
- Identifying Difficult Bugs: Finding bugs that do not meet the client’s needs is simple. The challenge occurs, however, when the flaws are not in the text and must be repaired since they are important faults in the eyes of the users.
- Lack of Skilled Testers: Organizations may employ testers who aren’t as eligible as they should be for the projects they’re working on. Rather than making the process easier, this might cause complete confusion. Finally, the testing performed may be insufficient, partial, or otherwise unsatisfactory to the clients.
- Understanding Project Needs: Testers should have all the necessary knowledge and abilities to understand the clients’ requirements for a specific project. If the testers fail to do so, they will be unable to test the web application correctly.
These are some reasons why experts choose to utilise Selenium as an automation testing solution over manual testing methods and technologies.
So far we have discussed what is selenium testing and manual testing use selenium testing, to learn more about automated testing selenium and selenium project for practice join Selenium Training in Coimbatore with the Placement Assistance.